Mrs Chan Yin Ha was looking for her cat on the second storey of the Sembawang HDB flat but got bitten by a python behind a row of potted plants instead.
She told The Straits Times that she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her left leg and thought that might be her cat had scratched her.
Her immediate reaction is that she instinctively kicked out when she felt a sharp pain. She looked down and saw a 3m-long python looking at her.
It was fortunate that the snake did not pursue her. Mrs Chan was bleeding profusely and ran to her neighbour’s unit to get help but to no avail.
According to Wanbao, the python retreated and ran towards the water pipe. The pest control company arrived and poured hot water into the water pipe to force the snake out.
Mrs Chan was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital where she received stitches.
Staff at Tan Tock Seng Hospital allegedly injected the wrong fluid into patient, causing her to be dehydrated
Being hospitalised is already quite a traumatising experience, but to receive horrible treatment while you’re there is a completely different...