A 44-year-old Thai man from the capital of Chaiyaphum Province, in northeastern Thailand, who went to bed with three fans blowing cool air at him has died from hypothermia.
Reports mentioned that the man had turned on the fans before going to bed. But the sudden drop in early-morning temperature resulted into a fatal tragedy.
He was identified as Sobthawee Boonkua, who had gone to stay at the house to take care of his ailing 86-year-old mother, his elder brother Saravuth.
According to a medical examiner reports, Sobthawee had died from hypothermia as his body couldn’t adjust to the sudden cold and had gone into shock.
The victim’s family accepted his cause of death and said that they would collect his body for religious rites later.